Dial 211 Central New York
Call 211 or 1-844-245-1922
Home     Popular Topics     All Topics     Helplines     Search 211     Help Me Grow     About     Contact Us

Protective Services for Adults (PSA)


A state-mandated service provided by every county with the goal of keeping vulnerable adults safely residing in the community or in the least restrictive alternative. It involves intake, investigation, and assessment of referrals of abuse, neglect, and financial exploitation of qualifying vulnerable adults. APS workers develop services plans with eligible clients to remedy physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, neglect, financial exploitation, or to address unmet, essential needs of adults.

Eligibility: Individuals ages 18 years and older:
- with a physical or mental impairment
- who are at risk of harm either by their own or others' actions
- who have no one willing or able to responsibly assist

Application Process: Call to file a concern/complaint

Required Documentation: None

Fees: None

Oswego County

Map and Directions

Oswego County Department of Social Services

100 Spring Street
Mexico NY 13114

Website: www.oswegocounty.com/dss

Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 4 PM

Disabled: Fully Accessible


Adult Services: 315-963-5339

Fax: 315-963-5009

Email: [email protected]

Website: www.oswegocounty.com/dss

100 Spring Street
Mexico NY 13114

Mailing Address:

PO Box 1320
Mexico NY 13114


Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 4 PM

Disabilities Access

Fully Accessible

Related Categories

Adult Protective Services

Contact Community Services answers the 211CNY phone line
211CNY is answered by:
United Way

United Way of Central New York
United Way of Greater Oswego County
United Way of Northern New York, Inc.

Help us keep our 211 database current by emailing suggested updates to [email protected]
Add 211 buttons to your website.
Inclusion policy.


Translations managed
by Google